Information for Grantees
Funding and Reporting Parameters
The funding period for USC Good Neighbors grants is one year, from July 1 through June 30, with awards disbursed in two payments. Checks are made payable to the community partner or appropriate fiscal sponsor.
Interim and final performance reports are required of all grantees. The interim report must be submitted by the due date before the second disbursement is issued, and funds will be withheld if the interim report is unsatisfactory. The final report is due 10 days after the grant period ends. Continuing programs must submit the prior year’s final report before new project funding is advanced. Likewise, signature programs receiving ongoing funding commitments also must submit interim and final reports before funding is advanced.
The USC Good Neighbors grant review committee reserves the right, with proper notification of the grantee, to audit books, visit program site(s) and/or observe program activities outlined in the proposal.
USC Good Neighbors grant funds may not be used to cover stipends/wages for university faculty or staff. Funds may be used to pay stipends/wages for USC students. Grant funds also may be used to pay stipends/wages or consulting fees for community partners, not to exceed 50 percent of the total project budget.
USC Good Neighbors grant-funded programs are eligible for renewal on a competitive basis. Funding of prior awards is not guaranteed.
- 2016-17 USC Good Neighbors Grant Information Session #1
Wednesday, December 16, 9:00 am: UPC Info Session, Engemann Student Health Center Conference Room (ESH 1st Floor Conference Room)
- Applications for USC Good Neighbors Grants 2016-17 available on December 8, 2015 online at www.commongrantapplication.com
- Interim report (first of two reports) due for 2015-16 grantees
- 2016-17 USC Good Neighbors Grant Information Sessions #2 and #3
Wednesday, January 6, 2016, at noon: University Park Campus/Good Neighbors Grant Information Session at University Park Campus, Lewis Hall (RGL) 101 – Brown bag lunches are permitted; lunch will not be provided.
Parking Reservation # 116033, discounted $10 parking under “Good Neighbors Info Workshop,” via Gate 3 (McCarthy Way and Figueroa Street) in Parking Structure X.
Tuesday, January 12, 2016, at 3:00pm: Health Sciences Campus/Good Neighbors Grant Information Session at Hastings Auditorium, Hoffman Medical Research Building.
Parking Reservation #116035, discounted $10 parking under “Good Neighbors Info Workshop,” at the Biggy Street parking structure. Please, no food or beverages are allowed in Hastings Auditorium.
Good Neighbors Information “Office Hours” by appointment only, at the USC Community House, through February 12
- Good Neighbors Information “Office Hours” by appointment only, at the USC Community House, through-February 12
- Second check issued to 2015-16 grantees, following receipt of interim report demonstrating satisfactory progress
- Application deadline for 2016-17 funding: Tuesday, February 16, 2016. Online system locked at 9:59 pm, PST. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Award notifications for 2016-17 USC Good Neighbors grants
- Orientation session for 2016-17 grantees
- Final report for 2015-16 grantees due
- Initial check issued to 2016-17 grantees (NOTE: Continuing programs must submit the current year’s final report before new project funding is advanced.)
- President’s 1% Leadership Circle donor appreciation dinner
- 22nd USC Good Neighbors Campaign takes place
- Applications for USC Good Neighbors Grants 2017-18 available online